Sunday, June 26, 2011

P, P, and BBQ.

Do y'all have a nice patio and place to grill?

Summer in Vermont is TOO short! And currently I'm living without a patio or deck. But I do own this cute little house on a dead end street with a really cute covered front porch. Cap and I currently working on a plan to makeover our porch. I'm going to repaint the floor this week. Then we need to decide what to do with the railings and steps. I would really like to go to a more modern white vinyl railing for front and right side of the porch. My hope for the left side is to put in a set of stairs that will hopefully one day lead down to a cobblestone patio. Doesn't this porch rail look awesome? I think this style would give our house the fresh and updated look I'm thinking of!!

I found this really cute bistro set at Walmart today for $48. Yes, that's all I paid for it! Before purchasing I used my trusty little smartphone to look at the reviews. 4 Stars. WIN! I figured worse case scenario if I get one year out of it--I clearly would have gotten my $48 back in return. Now I just need some other ideas of what might make our porch enjoyable. Other than a glass of wine and a good book!

Do you have "porch decor"?

Oh and look at this great idea that I stole from Kelly. She had a sip and see and look at the great way to serve a berry salad. I can't wait to host my first BBQ at the end of July. Yes, I'm totally going to do this!


So back to my dream of a patio. We only have about two and half months of beautiful (good) patio weather. And because I love to plan ahead and know what I should budget for I've been searching the perfect patio furniture set for said future patio. I blame this fixation on Lowe's! I've been looking since March when they started setting up their summer display. I just want some that will comfortably sit 4-6 people and something that will either winter well or be broken down for storage. Good thing my momma taught me "beggers can't be choosers!" Ha! In my world, I can be choosy!

Well tomorrow is going to be one of those beautiful patio days and I have to work. Shucks!

No comments: