Sunday, January 18, 2009

Monday-Sunday.


Monday.
Happy Birthday to the best husband a girl could ask for. Doc celebrated his 32nd birthday. I bought him a Suunto wrist computer better known as a watch. Also I took him out on a date on Sunday afternoon. We went out for a late lunch at the Texas Roadhouse. I got the pulled pork dinner which was delicious. I sipped on a Jamaican Cowboy which I love. Doc has a margarita and of course the ribs and pulled pork. This marked our second time eating here and it was great yet again. We went and watched Grand Torino with Clint Eastwood. I baked my Doc chocolate cupcakes with Strawberry frosting because it was impossible to find cherry frosting in the stores. Lets face it I don't have the supplies to make frosting at home... maybe next year. Considering I only bake for his birthday. Monday night I let Doc pick where he wanted to go out to eat because he has studying to be done. We just went to Pizza Hut and had the all natural. It wasn't bad. Although I did lose my mittens sometime Monday which I am still a little more than upset about. I got a great deal on a mirror yesterday at the Christmas Tree Shop so I finally have something to put my initial E on so I worked and completed that tonight. Now I just need to have Doc pick up the hardware to hang it in the hallway. Perhaps a weekend project?

Tuesday.
Work was interesting--C is back at work she has been out for three weeks on medical leave. Things were really nice while she was out. Our office flowed really nicely. S and I get along really well and I love just helping her out. When C is there it throws the balance off. I find myself doing a lot more work with another set of hands there. It's funny how that works. I started picking up a lot more duties that I had never done before and I think I'm handling the stress of that really well. I love the challenge that it has brought me. I really hope that I will get a promotion before long.


Wednesday.
Up and out early---Wanted to be the first one to office today to get things rolling. I had a desk full of paperwork that I really wanted to get behind me. Which I did within the first couple of hours. Doc is studying every night so I've been trying to stay out of his way. I worked per diam for the hospital as soon as I got done my daytime job. I love working up there. The girls I work with are so much fun and it makes that night go by so quickly. We were busy with physic impatient admissions. With the low pressure system rolling through we had our far share of woman going into the Woman's and Children's Unit for observation to rule out labor. I got home about 9:30 just in time to settle on the couch with Doc to watch Top Chef. Then it was off to bed.


Thursday.
Walls woke me up at 3:30 to go out to the bathroom. It was so cold outside. We hustled back to the house and back to bed. I woke up at 6:35 to shower and get ready for my day. I love that I don't have to run outside to start the car its just the push of a button. Doc and I got out to the hummer and it was 10 below zero. We both griped about how we hate the cold and should move south. We'll see we ever do that. Kissed Doc as he stopped the car I jumped out and off to work I went watching him drive down the hill to his office. Got in only to find that we were a little cooler than normal in our office. I turned the heat up! Busy day at work. Again worked upstairs in Registration after getting done at the CU. It was another fun night. Although I got out at 7pm because Doc picked me up and didn't want to have to go back out in the cold later on. I picked up the house and finished my first book of the year. Hooray--now that's huge for me! Only 24 more books to go for me to be at my goal.


Friday.
WOW was it cold this morning. As we drove to work I noticed that the car was reading 27 below zero. WTF? I hate Vermont. I'm so bloody sick of this cold weather. The snow is beautiful but I think we could just drive up for a weekend to ski rather than living here year round. Later on in the morning I got an email from Doc it was house listings for Hawaii. He's so cute! We both spent part of day actively searching for a spot to vacation in April. Doc picked me up at work and we were off to get his haircut. When we got there someone else was in the chair. Doc hates when the hairdresser isn't ready for him. His patience is really a zero. I was already annoyed there was a television set up on the salon counter with a bootleg of Twilight playing. So the girl got out of the chair and sat down with in another. I stood at the door. The entire time that Doc was getting his haircut the girl that was there before us and her friend sat there watching this movie while I stood waiting for his haircut to be complete. It was such an unprofessional setup; I was so mad when we left. We got a sub and shared it for dinner.


Saturday.
I slept in until 9:30. We went out to breakfast at the Wayside. I ordered 2 pancakes, 2 eggs over easy, 2 slices of bacon and 2 slices of rye toast. Doc ordered 2 eggs over easy, 2 slices of rye toast, corn beef hash and home fries along with French toast. We waited for 35 minutes before we got our food. Both of meals were cold. Doc stopped the waitress and told her and she said well I would be happy to nuke your meals for you. Doc politely told her no and that we would be happy to take our check for our drinks. She declined and we left. We ended up at McDonald's eating quarter pounders and vanilla shakes. Once we got home Doc studied and I did laundry. I then sat my butt in my computer check and hung out on the computer :0)


Sunday.
Today isn't much different than yesterday. Only today I haven't left the house other than to take the dog outside to go to the bathroom. I took 2 showers because one of my showers involved a very moldy towel...yuck! I then continued doing laundry, folding and even putting it away. We finally have a dining room table again. Doc thinks thats a huge improvement. He will no longer have to get dressed in the living room. I watched 3 hours worth of Moving up. I love TLC folks! I am about to go watch Toddlers and Tiaras for the first time. I can't wait to see this... it takes a very scary class of people to put these children through all that! Oh and this morning I woke up this bite on my face that isn't very pretty and hurts like hell so I've taken 2 doses of benedryl to calm that hot mess down!

More tomorrow. I've vowed to this blog that I will update more than once a month ;)

1 comment:

aLLie said...

wow your swelling is hott lol

and Jack and I are going to Texas Roadhouse tomorrow for HIS birthday :)