Friday, November 28, 2008

READ, READ, READ

Confession: I was the kid in high school and college that depended on sparknotes.com to get me the passing grade. It wasn't that I hated to sit down with a book. It was the fact that I'm a slow reader. I've struggled with reading quickly my whole life because I'll be reading and my mind will just drift right off the page. My mind ends up on something completely different.

Dominic can sit down with a book and read it cover to cover in two sittings. He convinced me that the only way I would be a stronger reader would be to just sit down with as many books as possible and read, read, read.

I failed to mention---I have to be able to relate to the book in some way to be able to finish it. I know silly. Right? I fell in love with Emily Griffins books. I've read them all so far and have moved on to Claire Cooks. I've read more books in the last 2 months than I have in the past 10 years.

I just ordered 4 new books. Yes, Four. I know hate being with a book to read. I ordered 3 of Claire Cooks books and Grieving for a child I never held. As Christmas nears and more friends announce their pregnancy's the more I miss my Baby E. I realized that I really haven't grieved for Baby E. I'm hoping this book with give me a little insight on the whats, whys and whens. I know I have those answers in my heart but sometimes seeing them elsewhere helps too.

Thanks blog for letting me ramble at 1:37am :O)

No comments: