Tuesday, November 11, 2008

EYE ISSUEs



I have been battling bad eyes for over a week now. I'm fed up! It started out with me falling asleep with my contacts in. Saturday morning I woke up and let the dog out to have my left eye watering and extremely sensitive to the light. It went on all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday. By Sunday night I could watch TV but it would water consistently if the television was too bright. Monday I went to work and it didn't bother me to much but there was a constant pressure/pain behind the eye and my vision was foggy. I couldn't wear my contacts because I was afraid that maybe I had pink eye. So I wore my glasses for WAY to many days. The girls at work told me that I should really see a doctor because your eyesight is nothing to toy with. So I called my regular doctors because I didn't feel like making the hour and half drive to see my eye doctor. My usual doctor was out so I saw Dr. C. He did some test with dye and just an overall check of my lid to make sure there wasn't an infection. Dr. C recommended artificial tears to moisten my eye and call my eye doctor to get in them in case it should get worse. Once I got home I called Dr. K's office to schedule an appointment they wanted to see me right away. I got in at 10:15 the next morning. Once I got to the eye doctors he did the dye test only to figure out that I might have had a small infection but my body was doing an okay job of clearing it up. He also discovered that my prescription in my glasses has been incorrect all this time which could be why I had pressure/pain behind my eye. It might have been a migraine. So he gave me the correct prescription in contacts and sent me home to try them out for two weeks until I go back for my follow up appointment. My new contacts feel great and my vision is SO much better. However, today my right eye started to bother me. Just when I thought my eye issue was corrected my other is now bugging me. This time it's not that I can't see---I have a sty in my right eye. What a huge PITA! I have to place hot compresses on my eye until it goes away. Wish me luck with my eyes! I need all the luck I can get with these!

No comments: