Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Skiing on Valentines Day.

I'll start with WHAT AN AWESOME WEEKEND!!! We had our friends Casey and Anton come to stay with us for the Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend. I worked until 8pm on Friday night then I went and did a little Valentine shopping for Doc. I felt like I should get him a thing or two for being such a great husband. I ended up picking him up a gift card to Game Stop and a cute card.

Casey and Anton didn't get to our house until 4am. Luckily we went to bed around 11pm and just woke up when they called to let us know that they were getting off the highway. We all went to bed and got up about 7 am to get ready for our day of skiing at Smugglers Notch. We all rode in Anton's wrangler. I couldn't figure out why my feet were freezing but once we got to the mountain I realized that he didn't put his "plugs" in the floor so there was cold air coming up from the floor. WOW, cold! Once at the mountain we had to wait in line forever to get our lift tickets and for me to rent snowboard equipment. Once all fitted and ready to go we got in the lift line. I thought we would get off at the half way point on Morse Mountain. I was wrong! First time snowboarding in six years ---I want to the top! Holy Crap--I fell getting off the lift. I didn't do half bad. There were a few tumbles here and there. Then I got feeling pretty comfortable being back on the mountain and I took one hell of a fall. I was slowing down when a lady came up beside me--her ski hit the edge of my board and I biffed it through the air and landed six feet away from where she hit me.... HEAD FIRST! Falling knocked the wind out of me and also left me with a puffed up lip and a swollen cheek that didn't look overly pretty. But I got back up and continued through the day just stopping for lunch which was awesome. During lunch I had a Peppermint Patty Hot chocolate to boost my confidence. Peppermint schnapps + hot chocolate + a helmet=GREAT SNOWBOARING! We went up Madonna Mountain with Casey and Anton once I felt comfortable enough to leave the "bunny hill" mountain. It was awesome. The view was one of a kind. Look how gorgeous it was!

It was so nice to be able to do something with Doc that we both enjoy. This was our first weekend on the mountain together. I thought it was really cute when he told me that it was a complete turn on to see me outside being totally active and confident. I guess getting married turned me into an old lady. Here are a few pictures of our day at Smuggs.


We went to the Vermont Pub and Brewery for a Valentines dinner. It was a great meal and we got a chance to just relax and laugh. It was so nice because this was the first time we were able to do this type of thing with a couple that we really enjoy in a really long time! It was perfect!

Because I enjoyed myself so much. I went and bought myself a snowboard, boots, helmet, a new Snowboard Jacket and a snowboard bag. I have my own gear. We even plan on buying season passes to Sugarbush or Jay Peak for the 2009-2010 season! We had plans to go skiing this last Sunday but I got sick so we couldn't go. But, I can't wait to do it again!



No comments: