Thursday, February 12, 2009

A day? That's it!

Oh Golly!

Miss Molly. I haven't done any shopping for Valentine's day. Not even a card! Wait I take that back. I have a card from last year that I never gave to him. Okay, I'm covered.

A gift--not so much! I really should have followed through with the plan of an argyle sweater. Argyle socks. I mean argyle anything and Doc would have been so excited.

When it comes to being the wife of every mans dreams---Docs dreams. I never seem short of failure. Christmas I was out shopping in the thickest crowds 15 minutes before we opened our gifts. Birthday I got him a watch that he picked out two weeks in advance and he wore out of the store. I did bake him cupcakes at his request. Wow--do they have a Be a Better Wife book for Dummies? Perhaps Blair could come up with something---she is always so damn witty!

What to do? What to do? What to buy?

Did I forget to mention that we have company arriving tomorrow night at 1am? They will be with us for the weekend. Don't get me wrong I'm over the moon excited about them coming. Should I get them a box of chocolates? Something I mean they are spending the "love bird" holiday in our home.

Is spending the day on the mountain with Doc an adequate gift when I haven't been on a snowboard in 6 years and don't currently possess a short term disability policy? Not to mention that I don't own a real "winter parka" or mittens meant for snowboarding.

What to do? What to do? What to do?

No comments: