Sunday, December 28, 2008

Great Finds on Our Shopping Trip.

Yesterday Doc and I went shopping in Burlington because we wanted to go see the Punisher movie. Every other movie we see at the theater is the others pick. So Doc's pick was the Punisher. Once we got to the Majestic 10, we drove past to see if it was playing it wasn't--bummer. His choices were Bedtime Stories, Yes Man, 7 lbs., Benjamin Button, The Tales of Despereaux, Valkryrie, The Spirit and Marley and Me. We watched Marley and Me on Christmas which I will get into later on. We decided we would go watch 7 Ibs at 4:30. It was only 11:50 so we needed to find something to do. We ventured over to South Burlington to Eastern Mountain Sports which is one of our all time favorite stores. I found a great tech wick zip up shirt in white... oh course it was a size large---too big but not too big with a bump. Sadly, my bump doesn't exist. So I needed to find a medium if I had any intention of purchasing. So I hunted to store---I found one on a store model---Checked the tag sure enough it was my size. I started to de-robe the lady right there! Leaving her with pants and vest which managed to cover up her fake boobs. Doc found ski pants that were 50% off---SCORE! We left and went over to play it again Sports and Sally Beauty Supplies. Doc was looking for a pair of used skis for me. I'm not purchasing new skis for the maybe 3 times I venture to the mountain. He didn't find any in my size but thats alright. We'll go back in a couple of weekends to look again. I went into Sally's and picked up some new nail polish. Now if I could only find the energy to paint them :0)For Audrey~Spontaneous~Orange knockout

We ate the Texas Roadhouse for the first time. Great service, food and atmosphere--You can't ask for anything better than that. The prices were really reasonable also. We finished up with driving to Colchester to Costco's in attempts to find Doc a watch for his birthday which is just around the corner--January 12. I ended up getting him a Suunto "wrist computer" which he is just tickled pink about. I caved and let him start wearing it almost immediately. No surprises in this house. I will pick him up a gift card or something to go along with it to give him on his actual birthday. Along with dinner and baking him a cake. We went and looked at digital picture frames as I have been wanting one for well over a year. Back a year ago they were so expensive but the perfect size. Now I can only find ones that are 10x12 or 8x14---way to big for my desk. As we were walking away Doc spotted a 2-pack nicely tucked back behind a box of other DF's. A great find... A 2-pack of 5" digital frames for 89.99--We snatched those up. So we both can have one for work. So So exciting! Here are our other purchases: The Digital Frames, My tech wick shirt, Doc's Ski pants and a mug for him to put pictures in from StarbucksOnce we got home Doc played on the xbox and Wally cuddled up right next to his daddy and wouldn't leave his side. Allowing me to hang out on the computer and add photos to my digital frame :0)

No comments: