Friday, December 26, 2008

2008

1. What did you do in 2008 that you had never done before?
Cut the strings that were attached to my mother. It has had its ups and downs. The holidays have been spent exactly how Dom and I have wanted. I've been learning to put my family (Doc and I) first and everyone else second.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't do one for last year but this year I plan to make a few.

My new resolutions:
1.
stop drinking soda
2.floss my teeth twice a day
3.shed some of my extra pounds.

4. Keep a "neater" home
5. Pay off debt and follow a budget
6. Become a woman of God

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My best friend Linda gave birth in August to a baby boy named Ryan. He's our god child. Also many of my nestie friends gave birth to beautiful babies :0)

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully we didn't have anyone who passed away.

5. What countries did you visit?
We traveled to Mexico and took a road trip to the south. I can't wait to do more traveling like that--It was a great experience.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A mortgage with our name on it :0)

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 4th- The day we found out we were expecting Baby E and September 15,2008 the day Baby E went to heaven

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Standing up for my family (Doc and I)

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not doing that soon enough

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I suffered the loss of our Baby E and the after effects of it.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our Hummer and Of course we signed a lease to purchase our condo so that was a GREAT accomplishment

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Dominic--he has stood by me through my best and worst moments. Though it hasn't always been easy he has done and exceptional job.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My extended family,enough said.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Vacation.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Eye of a Tiger by Survivor. It turned Christmas 2008 into a joyful moment. I beat Doc at a video game session :0)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? heavier
c) richer or poorer? more wealthy (just a little)

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Sorting through our junk and reducing the amount of belongings we have, church and cleaning our home

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
spending money and eating out.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home relaxing.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I fall in love more and more each day.

23. What concerts did you attend this year?
None.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Doc and I LIVED for Tuesday nights---The Shield was on! I also enjoy Heroes, Intervention, Top Chef and Moving Up.

25. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn't dislike this time last year?
No

26. What was the best book you read?
I <3>

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Resputina.

28. What did you want and get?
a home.

29. What did you want and not get?
a baby and a new car for me... but those two things I can live without for a few more days as long as Doc, Wally and I are healthy and happy.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Dark Knight and Marley& Me.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We went out for dinner and Doc did a great job at turning a bad bad week into something a little more positive. I turned 23.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Financial stability

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Earthy

34. What kept you sane?
My husband.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
There really isn't one.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
economy

37. Who did you miss?
My father in law and our friends Debbie and Shawn.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Cindy Lou... She just the best friend a girl could ask for!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Good things come to those who wait... It's true... DH and I searched and searched for a home to purchase and when we least expected to find one.... We did!!!

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I can't. I know sad!

No comments: