Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day

Merry Christmas from our family to yours.
I just wanted to share our Christmas cheer with you.
As some know Doc and I have been working some 55-70 hour weeks. Its been a little hectic in our house between work and Wallace getting sick we've had little time to really think about the holidays. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing considering the holidays aren't what they used to be. With the loss of Doc's parents and the chaotic family that I belong to--its easier for us to just the holidays blow over. We celebrated Thanksgiving just the 3 of us and it was great... we did exactly what we wanted. Stayed in our pajamas, ate an early meal and watched a couple of movies. We planned to the same exact thing today for Christmas. However Doc being the manager for his unit at the hospital changed our plans just a bit. I wasn't even done my shopping until yesterday at 4:45. I had to go finish up Doc's stocking and pick his other large gift. I stood in line at Walmart for 1/2 hour... it was CRAZY the number of people that were there. I got the 2nd to last one--Phew! I got home and left the big item in the entryway and ran to the bedroom to stuff his stocking and jump into my pajamas to make it more like Christmas morning. I told him to close his eyes and I carried in his other big gift that I just purchased an hour before. I hung his stocking with festive cheer. Once he opened his eyes he know that Santa had arrived. We opened our stockings and gifts and discussed what we wanted to do for our Christmas dinner... Mexican!!! We went to Julio's for Christmas dinner---it was awesome! We just relaxed and had a great evening. To start Dominic got up and went into work for 6am. I got up cleaned, did laundry and dishes. Once Dom got home--- we've just hung out with Wallace who wouldn't leave his present more than a few feet away from him. We decided that we wanted Chinese for dinner and to go the movies. I'm going to continue to share our Christmas days with you. Santa Wallace trying to get his Daddies attention..
Our Christmas Loot
Doc got Xbox 360 Guitar Hero World Tour, Rubber Mats for the Hummer, Pizza Stone, Custom made wallet, Hancock DVD, Fallout 3 and new winter jacket.

Wallace got a stuffed toy and yellow muttluks
I got Danskos, Crocs, Bath Stuff, Cashmere bathrobe, sweater and a new winter jacket. Our 2gether gift---A Yuppie Coffee Machine :0)

Wallace "enjoying" his dressup time as Santa"Mom, I really hate this hat!""I think I'll just rip it in half so I'll never had to wear it again!"

I discovered today that Doc and I really like Coats. This is our "guest" coat closet and no we didn't have a holiday party today. Those really ALL belong to him and I :0) Thank you Santa for bringing us 2 more!

1 comment:

aLLie said...

lol!! why didn't I think to put Bessie in Santa clothes! That would have been so cute! I love your dog!