Monday, July 25, 2011

Mason Jars. Galore. :)

I found THREE boxes of mason jars when we first moved into this old house. It all started when I was a bit perturbed after walking into the basement after closing to find that the previous owners failed to remove a bunch of what at first glance looked like junk. What to do with almost 60 mason jars? Other than a WHOLE lot of canning and organizing of Cap's screws and bits?

I cleaned this up with a bit of vinegar and lemon juice. (I like to go the whole eco-friendly route) These things were dirty. 91 years of dirt and dinge in that basement. I found a cool tin tray at Christmas Tree Shop for $3.99. Perfect for entertaining and perfect for this little project. I chose 7 oversize mason jars and filled them 1/4 of the way up with sand. Placed them on the tray and then put tealights (lilac, not my favorite scent) in the jars.
Isn't that perfect for a starry night on the cutest covered porch? Why, I think so!
This porch has turned into something darling and quite comfortable! Thanks to the shelf of "Whatev's" I'm finding great things to rehab and create with. For instance, this past weekend I found the coolest box of fishing tackle. Who leaves that behind? Mr. F! And thanks to him... I'll be making a lure garland wreath for next spring!


For more mason jar ideas, head on over to Johnny in a Dress.

No comments: