Saturday, May 23, 2009

SALE: $50K off

I frequent real estate sites just browsing. I love looking to see what is for sale and how outrageous some of the prices are on some of the homes and realizing how much money you would have to put into the home in most cases to bring it up to date and code.

I saw this particular home last September but it was well over the amount that we wanted to spend and then on top updating the home. While updating my page I watched the house drop $50K. I couldn't believe it! I immediately picked up the phone and called the Realtor to find out if it was a mistake. It was not! The seller dropped the price to get it off his hands before the next winter comes. It was his parents home and he doesn't want the extra lawn to mow this summer.

This house stole my heart.

I love that huge front yard. It's the last house on a dead end street which js a HUGE bonus. Oh those construction markers are for a drain that the city is currently working on. This will be Doc's second home. It is all ready for a wood stove:0)The side yard fit for a brick patio and a chaise chair. There is a brook down into the woods a bit and it's all you can hear. It is BEYOND peaceful in this yard. This is my favorite room in the house. A formal Foyer! I love that front door and gorgeous hardwood floor. Oh and I love the stairway. If it was my home I would change the lighting fixture.
This is the living room. Again I love the hardwood floors. There is lighting over the windows. Its a nice added lighting source in this room. This is the kitchen. If we were to purchase this home we would gut the kitchen and start over! Oh and remove that fucking ugly chair! I do love that this room has the original linoleum floors and the 1950's white metal cabinets that are in perfect condition. This room would be a FUN project! Of all the rooms in the house its the bedrooms that I dislike. It must be the faux painting and floral border. GAG! But I do love those hardwood floors and that would be all I love in this room.


All in ALL I love <3 this house.

I know God has been so good at providing for us. Continuing to put a roof over our heads. The odd thing was I prayed for this particular house that morning. Oddly enough I watched it with my own eyes. We'll be making a decision on this home in the next week or so.

1 comment:

Mrs. Pink said...

Very nice!!! GL!!!