Monday, October 11, 2021

Loss.

Something happened today.

Something that hit me like I never thought would.

The second classmate of mine passed away in a tragic accident in California.  He was twenty nine, following his dreams and living an earthy lifestyle.  No fault other than he was walking on a highway and was hit by a car.  Sadly he succumbed to his injuries.

People joked, people made light of the situation and remembered him a lighter fashion than I.

I can only think about his mother.  His mother is facing the burial of her son. His mother isn't planning her next visit to see him... she is booking her ticket to pick up his remains.

I'm left here thinking.... soon that will be my mother.  That will be my mother preparing my brothers funeral, bringing him home from the hospital and consistently wondering why her son was dealt these horrible cards of cancer.

No comments: