Saturday, May 28, 2011

Flash Floods Hit Our City

On May 19, 2011 a flash floods hit our city. The rain came all too quickly. I was at work when the first storm came through. I left early in hopes to beat the next storm however I got stuck on the middle of the hail, thundering, and lightning on what we call the "beltline". I had to slow down to 25mph so I wouldn't hydroplane as the water was already covering the roadway. I made it home however 15 minutes longer than it should have. Oh well better safe than sorry I suppose.

Here are some pictures to a show just how bad it was here. People lost their homes, their vehicles, & their crops. I feel so bad for everyone that was affected by all this devastation.

House on Maple Avenue with a pile of mud and sewage on their front lawn.
A cute dog out with owner for his morning walk. He looks rather happy about all the mud ;)
North Main Street with a dumpster in the middle of it. Along with a couple of vehicles that slipped into sink holes while people were evacuating.


People are still in the clean up stage. There are still 25-30 people living in the evacuation shelter almost a month later. I feel so bad for everyone. Praying that everyone that was displaced is able to move back home very soon.

No comments: