Sunday, April 19, 2009

4 LETTER WORD

WORK.

This four letter word has taken over my life. TAKEN. Okay, perhaps willingly. Taken just the same. Since last Monday I have worked seven straight days. 73 1/2 hours. 40 hours for my credit union job. The other 33 1/2 hours for the hospital in/out registration patient area.

The willingness of giving my time to both of these places is so nice. Not many people can actually say they love their job(s). I CAN. I honestly love them. I love the people that I work with minus 1 one. That particular co-irker could be devoted to an entire entry. There is something about the both jobs that keeps me getting up and going to these places each day. The CU I love the members--they are absolutely fantastic. The patients at the hospital are wonderful. My heart aches for most of the people I see but helping them is what makes me happy.

SLEEP.

Or the lack of is the most frustrating of all. I get home and it seems like it is time to get up and go again. I fell asleep on the couch this afternoon while eating my lunch. Doc told me that I was so tired that I was snoring. The sad part I had to get up to shower to go back into work. ha!

MISS.

There are some things that I miss terribly when I work all kinds of hours. I miss spending time with Doc and Wallace is limited but greatly adored. I miss dinner time. I miss sleeping in and cuddling my boys. I miss bath time at night. And I miss doing what I want.

WHY?

Why am I working all the CRAZY hours? Well, we are saving up for the downpayment on our condo, paying off my car and considering purchasing new furniture. It all takes money. Plus, I took the job at the hospital for the experience and placement on my resume. My husband is a nurse at an administrative level. We could move any where for him to get a "better" job. Which is great for him--he deserves it. I on the other hand need the experience of the hospital life so I too can get a J-O-B.

Oh well---It's one of those things that is not going going to go away for a very long time. I will need to WORK to survive. And these days it is all about survival.

No comments: